The Smell of September

It's a kind of a cold smell with mist in it.


When you cut back the rattling fennel the spicy scent of pollen tickles the back of your throat.

The rich smell of garlic mixes with the smell of damp earth when your spade nicks a bulb as you're digging spuds in the garden
Blackberries ripen on briars

              




bringing the fruity, sugary smell of jam, and the warm smell of soda bread rising in the oven.                     

                                 
            


Scented flowers give way to huge, dusky hydrangea heads waiting to be picked and dried.
                                                        
       
And once again you open the door to the dark smell of turfsmoke.  
                    













Comments

  1. Hi

    like your blog

    I live and work in Hayes

    Hayes is busy city

    I am working as Man With Van in Hayes


    Man and Van Hayes


    I have big van and its clean and i have lot of straps and blanks to protect your stuff.

    I am hard working and help with loading and unloading too.

    So if you need help with moving please remember my website

    http://www.removalsmanvanhire.com/man-van-hire-hayes.html

    Call 07894536780

    I can provide Moving Boxes - I have Tool Box i can disassemble furniture or washing machine etc

    Removal Van Hayes, Removals Van Hayes Removal Company Hayes Man with Van Hayes Moving Company Hayes Moving Home Hayes Moving Help Hayes man and van Hayes, flat removals Hayes, House removals Hayes, small removals Hayes, man with van hire Hayes,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Man With Van in Hayes. I admire your enterprise. Best of luck in building your business :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found my way to you via Catherine at Foxglove Lane. You have a beautiful blog. I shall be settling into your archive in a moment for a proper look around but I thought I'd just say hello first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, I love Catherine's work so I'm delighted that she was the route by which you found me. Really appreciate your saying hello now you've got here :) Thanks for your kind comment on the blog too - hope you'll continue to enjoy it. ~ Best, Felicity.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year - in Ireland it's Oíche na Coda Móire.